- Release: 29/01/2020
The whole universe of the hauntingly mysterious cultural phenomenon Twin Peaks is now packaged together in one definitive, limited edition: TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A. Limited to only 25,000 copies.
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A includes both seasons of the original series, with the U.S. and international versions of the pilot; A Limited Event Series, Fire Walk with Me and its deleted scenes: The Missing Pieces; never-before-released behind-the-scenes footage from the making of all 18 parts of A Limited Event Series; a brand new interview with Kyle MacLachlan (Special Agent Dale Cooper) and Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer); a newly produced featurette with Harry Goaz (Deputy Andy) and Kimmy Robertson (Lucy Moran); full-length, unedited versions of a number of the musical performances at The Roadhouse Bar from A Limited Event Series; many special features from previous Twin Peaks releases; and a 4K UHD disc of both the original pilot newly-transferred from film elements and “Part 8” of A Limited Event Series.
A 21-disc collection, TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will be housed in packaging with an exterior adorned by a wraparound vista of haunting and majestic Douglas Fir trees. Once opened, a depiction of the infamous Red Room is revealed with its brown and crème chevron floor and brilliant red curtains. Sitting in front of the red curtain will be an exclusive die-cut acrylic figure of Laura Palmer kissing Special Agent Dale Cooper. This acrylic figure comes inside a plastic display holder held in place by magnets. Fans will have the option of leaving the figure in place inside The Red Room environment or removing and displaying it elsewhere. The plastic holder can also serve as an easel to display individual images from The Red Room Gallery, a curated set of 5” x 5” printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red Room. Each package will also contain an individually numbered collectible certificate.
“It’s yrev very good to see you again old friends,” said David Lynch.
“From Z to A is the definitive box set for avid Twin Peaks fans,” said Ken Ross, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS Home Entertainment. “With only 25,000 copies worldwide, this is truly a must-have collector’s item.”
Newly-Produced Special Features And Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Footage TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will include over six hours of all-new special features:
- From the extensive behind-the-scenes footage of David Lynch making the A Limited Event Series (shot primarily by Jason S), 20-30 minute (approx.) pieces titled “Behind the Curtain” were edited and are included for each of the 18 Parts.
- A rare newly-shot interview of Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee who sit with longtime David Lynch collaborator Kristine McKenna to look back at their body of work on Twin Peaks as well as Fire Walk With Me.
- In a newly-produced featurette, fans can go “On the Couch” with Harry and Kimmy as Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson share fond Twin Peaks
- As an additional treat for fans of A Limited Event Series, a compilation of full-length, unedited versions of many of The Roadhouse Bar musical performances.
4K Ultra HD Upgrades
Highlighting the visual artistry and sound design of two seminal episodes/parts, a special 4K UHD disc will be included that features a new ultra-high def transfer overseen by David Lynch of both versions of the 1990 Twin Peaks pilot, as well as the “phenomenal” (The New York Times) and “horrifyingly beautiful” (Vulture) Part 8 of A Limited Event Series.
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will also include all existing special features from the previous releases of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (including The Missing Pieces) and Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, culminating in over 20 total hours of new and existing special feature content.
FEATURING OVER 7 HOURS OF NEW SPECIAL FEATURES,
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A WILL INCLUDE BEHIND-THE-SCENES FOOTAGE FROM EVERY PART OF “A LIMITED EVENT SERIES,” AN IN-DEPTH INTERVIEW WITH THE FRANCHISE’S TWO MAIN STARS, EXTENDED AND UNAIRED ROADHOUSE PERFORMANCES, AND 4K ULTRA HD UPGRADES OF TWO SEMINAL EPISODES/PARTS
A definitive, limited edition for avid fans of the cultural phenomenon, TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will feature new expansive behind-the-scenes looks for each of the 18 installments of A Limited Event Series, a brand new interview and featurette with beloved cast members, an unaired Roadhouse performance from Au Revoir Simone, and 4K Ultra HD upgrades of two of the most talked-about episodes of Twin Peaks. Limited to 25,000 numbered copies worldwide, the 21-disc collection will be available in the U.S. and Canada on December 10 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment.
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A includes two standalone Blu-ray discs packed with new special features:
- “A Talk with Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee” – A rare joint interview running approximately 90 minutes with the actors behind the iconic characters of Laura Palmer and Special Agent Dale Cooper. Moderated by longtime Lynch collaborator
Kristine McKenna, the two stars offer a fascinating and unique perspective of
the original series and its pilot, Fire Walk With Me, A Limited Event Series and their special experiences working with David Lynch.
- “Behind The Curtain” – Up-close, behind-the-scenes, making of footage has been edited in a non-narrative fashion into 25 minute (approx.) long pieces for each of the 18 parts of A Limited Event Series. These pieces showcase acclaimed filmmaker
David Lynch at work, and consist primarily of footage shot by Jason S. A large majority of this footage was not shown in the 10 films done by Jason S. included in the 10-part series from the 2017 home video release of A Limited Event Series, and is exclusive to this new collection.
- “On the Couch with Kimmy and Harry” – Two of the most beloved Twin Peaks personalities, actors Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson reminisce about their fondest memories from Twin Peaks.
- “Roadhouse Music” – Full-length, unedited versions of all 16 performances from The Roadhouse Bar from acts including Nine Inch Nails, Eddie Vedder, Chromatics,
Julee Cruise, and many others. The set also includes a performance of “Sad Song” from Au Revoir Simone which was shot for A Limited Event Series, but never aired and is exclusive to this release.
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will also include a 4K Ultra HD disc that includes brand new UHD transfers of both versions of the original series pilot from 1990 (domestic and international), and the “horrifyingly beautiful” (Vulture) Part 8 of A Limited Event Series – both overseen by David Lynch.
In addition to this trove of newly produced and upgraded material will be all existing special features from the previous releases of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (including The Missing Pieces) and Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, culminating in over 20 total hours of new and existing special feature content.
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A features collectible packaging, a die-cut acrylic figure of Laura Palmer and Special Agent Dale Cooper, the Red Room Gallery: a curated set of twenty-five (25), 5” x 5” printed cards, and an individually numbered, collectible certificate of authenticity.
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A Blu-ray Bonus Disc Breakdown:
(Run time: Approximately 10 hours, 32 minutes)
- Behind The Curtain, Parts 1-12 – New!
- On the Couch with Kimmy and Harry – New!
- Behind The Curtain, Parts 13-18 – New!
- A Talk with Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee – New!
- Roadhouse Music
- Chromatics, “Shadow”
- The Cactus Blossoms, “Mississippi”
- Au Revoir Simone, “Lark”
- Trouble, “Snake Eyes”
- Sharon Van Etten, “Tarifa”
- Nine Inch Nails, “She’s Gone Away”
- Au Revoir Simone, “A Violent Yet Flammable World”
- Hudson Mohawke, “Human”
- Rebekah Del Rio, “No Stars”
- Chromatics, “Saturday”
- James Marshall (as James Hurley), “Just You”
- Lissie, “Wild West”
- The Veils, “Axolotl”
- Eddie Vedder, “Out Of Sand”
- Julee Cruise, “The World Spins”
- Au Revoir Simone, “Sad Song” – New!
4K Ultra HD Bonus Disc Breakdown:
(Run time: Approximately 2 hours, 32 minutes)
- Twin Peaks “Pilot”
- Original Version
- Alternate International Version
- Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, Part 8